Scholastic Reading Counts! is an independent reading program for Grades K–12 which combines reading practice and software-based reading assessment. Instructionally flexible, mastery focused, and professionally written, SRC! is the program PROVEN to develop reading skills, help raise test scores, and motivate students to achieve reading success.
- EASY: Start with any great book found in your classroom library, school library, or public library—fiction, nonfiction, and curriculum-based books that kids WANT to read!
- LEVELED: Students choose a title from a personalized SRC! book list that is appropriate for their skills and matches their interests. All SRC! titles align with the Lexile Framework® for Reading, making it easy to match a student with a book at just-the-right level for them.
- SIMPLE: Students read a book and take the corresponding quiz. SRC! automatically generates a quiz that meets each student’s reading needs.
- ACTIONABLE: Every quiz provides a true, formative, curriculum-based assessment so you can use SRC! as a regular progress monitor. Students can continue to retake different quizzes on the same book to ensure skills mastery.
- FUN: Kid-friendly selections and leveled quiz content ensure that every independent reading experience will be a successful one.
Union House student access Reading Counts at school only by entering their 7 digit student ID and their password.